Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's Paddy, not Patty

I hate St. Patrick's Day.  I always have. 

Please don't think because you have turned up to work in a green sweater that I will be happy for me. 

I am happy for you.

I am homesick also.

I am also embarrassed that the most Irish of days is about drinking.

I am also annoyed that it's about him.

That guy who ruined a perfectly good matriarchy.

Still, I only ranted at one person today.

I guess after six of them (St Patrick's Day in Nova Scotia), I am mellowing slightly.

If you really care about me on Paddy's Day, just give me the friggin' day off.

'Night.

1 comment:

aisha said...

Subaru Outback Turbo
I enjoyed your post. It’s a lot like college – we should absorb everything we can but ultimately you need to take what you’ve learned and apply it.